Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mistakes were made (but not by me):

Why we justify foolish beliefs, bad decisions, and hurtful acts
by
Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson

Review: My Dad foisted this book on me so that someone would be able to argue about it with him. I must say, best psychobabble book ever! Highly readable and highly interesting! It discusses cognitive dissonance from the viewpoints of various historical events and example cases. It changed the way I look at things, which is high praise to give any book (especially one that is meant to do just that). I definitely recommend the read, even if it is only to get why I keep saying that stuff is because of cognitive dissonance.



















p.s. Hurray for cheap books!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.