Thursday, April 24, 2008

ipawd and itoonz

I finally broke down and got myself an ipod. It's a 80 gig iPod video classic. That's it on the left. It is about as thick as a CD case and about 2/5 the size. I also got the protective cover to the right (surprise surprise) which just came today (I bought it off eBay, I was worried it wouldn't come but it did! Huzzah! I don't think I like eBay though, too much stress). I know iPods are very bandwagon-y but I looked into it and there literally is nothing that comes close in terms of size. There are other mp3 players on the market that can match the nano or the shuffle but Apple is the ground breaker when it comes to big memory in a small package (it's only 20 gigs smaller than my laptop!). There are a lot of features to go with it and it is very user friendly. I had already switched to iTunes (because Windows Media Player pissed me off one too many times!) so that wasn't a thing, even though I was reluctant to do it at first I find it works better and it organizes the music and album art automatically. Good times.


Useful links (there are a few problems/mousetraps with iPods associated primarily with the man trying to keep us all down but nerds have come up with programs/mice to solve most of these problems):
Convert mp3s to ipod audiobook files
Alternate platforms to iTunes (in case you want to fight the power)
Free games for your iPod
Rip DVD movies for your iPod
Convert video files to iPod video
Get files off of your iPod or backup your iPod.
Some other applications here and here.

p.s. I also got a FM transmitter and car adapter. It plugs into the cigarette lighter hole and you can set the radio station to whatever you want and play the iPod through your car stereo. Screw you areas of Saskatchewan with no radio! Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet! i can use some of those.
and congrats on the new toy/baby;)
K-pod says hello to CP-pod!
k.

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.