Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gigantour prequel: Megadeth!

This is a prequel post to the Chickens! Concert Series post about Gigantour (to come later after the concert). But first we have... Dave Mustaine from Megadeth vs. YouTube:

Dave Mustaine is all over YouTube. There are the standard concert and TV appearances, etc. as well as guitar lessons on how to play Symphony of Destruction and some picking techniques and a video of him pedaling his guitar (the ESP Axxion). Also, there is a whole series of Dave Mustaine vs. things (some of them are pretty funny for example Dave Mustaine vs guy with laser) and it turns out that Dave is good at Rock and Roll Jeopardy, but he sucks at guitar hero (on his own song no less). But the point of this post is the following video (and I think you'll see why). A video which tackles the hard topics. Topics like "What if Dave Mustaine were cryogenically frozen and then microwaved into reanimation to battle muzak-loving Martians? Will he vanquish them with his metal? Will he!? And if so, how?! A laser shooting guitar of some kind?! No! That's crazy talk!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since when did you care about Dave Mustaine?

D

Cara said...

Well I didn't really know anything other than the obvious until I started looking into Megadeth to remedy my ignorance (like I do to varying extents with all the bands I see re: concert series). But, in all honesty, talking about him was more of an avenue to putting up the Duck Dodgers cartoon :) What can I say? I like random funny things.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a lot longer than I thought it would be, and you gave away the ending. I was perplexed by the guy with condoms on his hands.
c

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.