Monday, March 24, 2008

On religious comments

Hurray! I was hoping someone would make a comment like this. It looked like no one was going to but then BAM someone did! What fun!

Anonymous said...

The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Repent and believe the gospel.

It's awesome whether it was serious or not! And it's all the more amusing in the wake of my "Anonymous" post. So, whoever you are Anonymous commenter, I have this to say (Note: if your comment was serious please go directly to Response #2):

Response #1: if you were being facetious you should have left your name because you are hilarious and I want to thank you for renewing my faith (ha!) in the ironic sarcasm of my readership (I hope you will find response #2 amusing, I figured I should make an alternate response just in case and it's funnier with the contrast).

Response #2: if you were serious thank you for your opinion. I'll certainly take it under advisement. However, obviously you don't really care about my soul or you would have left your name so that I could get in contact with you and follow up on the wonderful world that your two sentence anonymous comment has opened up to me. It is clear you are very dedicated and passionate about your religion based on the time and effort you put into crafting it. Thank you so much for your intriguing and original ideas, but you gave only a taste of your genius and I crave more! I have so many questions! Like what hand is the kingdom of heaven at? Is it the right one? It's the right one isn't it? Also, what religion are you? Your conscientious and articulate assessment of my opinions has won me over and made me realize that I am clearly in need of some conversion and repenting and must follow your religion (you shining representative of whatever religion you are! You represent it so well!), but to whom do I repent!? Sweet zombie Jebus I need more instructions! Please comment on this post because I am in need your guidance and I would love to debate the pros and cons of various religions with you in a frank and open exchange of ideas.

p.s. In retrospect, even though I have been morbidly curious whether some religious nut(s) would take an interest in my ramblings, it's a bit of a mixed blessing (ha!). Like when you think that someone is a moron and then find out you were right but realize that that person probably has 10 kids. Even if it wasn't serious (which I realize it probably wasn't because I know a lot of people who like to take advantage of how gullible I am - but whatever, I think it's funny either way), it easily could have been real since there are tons of serious examples out there. It makes you wonder at the mental state and motivations of someone like that (I really hope they respond to this so I can ask!) and what do they hope to accomplish with a random anonymous comment? But mostly I just hope they understand sarcasm.

p.p.s In future let's all try to keep the anonymous comments to a minimum (unless it's really obvious who you are). I'm still worried about having to go on the lamb from the "Anonymous" people and I don't want to get any more paranoid than I have to.

3 comments:

Chino said...

I love random anonymous posts, especially when they're vague and not grounded in anything!

COMMUNICATION PEOPLE!

Cara said...

Yeah I hope I can get as productive a dialogue going as you had with your guy.

Anonymous said...

CP, you are awesome. love ya,
k.

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.