Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Chickens Concert Series #6: Days of the New

Wednesday night was Days of the New at the Roxy. Not the best venue I know, "skunky" may be the best word for it. Nevertheless the music was pretty sweet. Gravelly base-y vocals (supplied by lead Travis Meeks) are one of my faves. Interestingly, apparently he was on an episode of the reality show "Intervention", which speaks for itself (credit to Tam for that tidbit - HA! No McShanty points for you! Note: See this earlier post for what that means). As an aside I have to say that, upon investigation, Travis was much hotter back when he had short hair. Of course this was the first time I've seen them so I didn't know that, see pic to the right from this website (once again thanks to Tam for pointing that out). The music was bang on though and the basist plays a five-string (also pretty sweet)! So as it stands the list of awesome-ly awesome Chickens concerts continues...next time: Ozzy!


This video is from a recent concert in Texas, note the like 5 skillion acoustic guitars all over the stage.


p.s. Here is the band's website

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to concert series #6, did it magically disappear?
kw

Anonymous said...

I am also confused by the lack of concert series #6. I thought I was going crazy, so it is nice that I am not crazy.

D

Cara said...

Aww dang it! Here I'll change it...there all better.

Anonymous said...

Do I get McShanty points for this?
kw

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.