Monday, December 10, 2007

The Chickens concert series #10: Grady and pals

An evening of blues-rock-country fun. All the better for the myriad of buddies visiting. Good times (really late times though, that's the thing I don't like about the Roxy). I liked Grady although a lot of their songs were very similar and tended to bleed into eachother. Here's Grady's website. I found a video on YouTube of the concert, not the best quality but you get the gist:



Murder City Sparrows were interesting. Almost had a little punk flavouring to it but that could just be the high pitched vocals (or the emo hair?). The base player plays a 5-string which is cool but he struck me as a bit of a tool (that could just be his schtick though). The guitar player had Guy Fawkes facial hair which you just couldn't stop looking at. He turned out to be super nice though. I bought their CD 'cause I felt a little bad for them hanging out at the merch table alone. The drummer and singer had food poisoning from the Subway across the street so they had gone back to their hotel. What troopers, playing a whole set with food poisoning! Their CD isn't half bad even. Here's the website: Murder City Sparrows. A few of their music videos are on YouTube too, here's one of them:

The Sheepdogs are a local band that I had heard of but never seen before. I liked them, they are pretty mellow but in a good way. They were probably the favorite of the evening for the group but that's probably due to the fact that they went on first and everyone was awake still. The were the most country of the three bands I think (that's why Kim like them so much). Here's a video of the Sheepdogs when they played at Louis' (I couldn't find one from this concert):

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.