Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chickens! Concert Series #0.5: The posts that never were

Ahh the pre-blog concerts, what I can remember anyway (please feel free to help my faulty memory out anybody). In roughly chronological order:

pre 1999:
various Lionel Hampton Jazz Fests - Diana Krall/Brian Bromberg/Lionel Hampton/etc.

1999-2005:
Gob/Matthew Good/Moist - Dec. 4 at the Max Bell Centre. My first rock concert. I brought LP. He was sick. He's such a little trooper :)
Default/Nickelback - Fine! I admit it! I saw Nickelback! There! Are you all happy now! Bah! I don't care what you all say, I like Default.
54-40 - at the Stampede, it was raining. Shocked at how many songs I knew but hadn't realized were by them.
Finger Eleven - 1st time at the Stampede 2nd time here.
Sparta-Like 2 days before I left Calgary to go to S'toon.







post 2005:
Stabilo-at Louis', I was a little tipsy...
Theory of a Deadman - at the Ex with D. Fun times! Went on rides (but then I got a little sick and I had to sit down...But then I rode them again!) and showed D how to play skeeball.
The Tragically Hip-heard in the park with K (didn't shell out to actually get into the Bess courtyard to see them though).
various past Sask Jazz Fests - I've previously mentioned seeing Buddy Guy during the Sask Jazz Fest but also spotted there: Hurricane Cletus, Big Dave McLean, DJ Champion, Joshua Redman, Ndidi Onukwulu - these are just the ones I can remember, and they weren't all at the same Jazz Fest.

p.s. Gob circa 1999. "I Hear You Calling" from the album "The World According to Gob".

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.