Monday, October 20, 2008

Chickens! Concert Series #24: Neil Young

So I randomly got to go see Neil Young in Regina on Saturday (to the frustration of several NY fans that I know, mostly because I called him Neil Diamond a couple of times). It was pretty sweet! Neil just gave'r for sure (he was wearing a paint splattered blazer, I have field shirts that are Neil Young chic now apparently). I recognized all the old songs, which was fun and pretty much a common sentiment through the crowd judging by the degree of lipsynching. It was good times, Neil was really high energy and his band had such a great chemistry (his wife does vocals). One thing though, attached to the front of the drum kit was a telephone which they never used or anything. What's up with that?

Here's the breakdown of the show:

Opening bands: Everest and Death Cab For Cutie (you may remember Death Cab from this post; they actually sung that song too).

Neil Young (and His Electric Band) set list:
1. Love And Only Love
2. Hey Hey, My My
3. Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
4. Powderfinger
5. Spirit Road
6. Cinnamon Girl
7. Oh, Lonesome Me
8. Mother Earth
9. The Needle And The Damage Done
10. Unknown Legend
11. Heart Of Gold
12. Old Man
13. Get Back To The Country
14. Just Singing A Song
15. Sea Change
16. When Worlds Collide
17. Cowgirl In The Sand
18. Rockin' In The Free World
19. Encore: A Day In The Life

This video is cool because whoever was taking it must have been standing right near where I was (a little bit to the left and probably 4 or 5 people closer to the stage).


p.s. I'm not going to do a band history or anything because I'm ignorant and I don't want to enrage any of the aformentioned frustrated people.

But, just look how many times he's been on the cover of the Rolling Stone!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.