Friday, August 29, 2008

Fireworks are purdy!

Took in the first annual Saskatoon Fireworks Festival Aug.30&31 (here is the website, there's even a section where they explain all about fireworks). Probably the best fireworks I've ever seen in real life (I know I've lived a sheltered life fireworks-wise but still). Way to go Tourism Saskatoon! Much better choice than the stupid lights lining the Victoria bridge or the more stupid "wheat grains" or some such "art" at River Landing. But I digress.Of course I'm ruined now for all other fireworks, Saskatoon's Canada day ones were like dirt in my eyes compared to these! But what are ya gonna do? Anyway, we watched the fireworks from the new River Landing area as they were shot off the Victoria Bridge (aka "the traffic bridge"). I'd say the Sunday fireworks were better because there were several distinct songs with different styles of fireworks for each one, whereas the first night was more of a single entity. But they were both awesome sauce for sure, I was pleased. I likes all the purdy lights 'n all.

Here, courtesy of Karmen are some highlights from the show:
On Saturday

On Sunday

p.s. I know this post is dated before the fireworks happened...I went back in time to write it.

2 comments:

The Lurker said...

You can time travel?! Awesome!

Cara said...

Only for the purposes of blog posting. As a super power it's not that great :(

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.