Sunday, January 13, 2008

Turns out you are a relatively popular song title...

So here they are (just because you asked). Curiously, they are all about some girl named Denise. She was a bit of a hoe to be playing around with all these guys. She was active in the 60's and then she got back on the horse almost 40 years later. I guess she finally got over Bob Dylan. Or maybe she's a vampire?


Alternatively, it seems the name "Denise" enjoyed a period of extreme popularity for a period in the late 40's to the early 60's in the states and became more popular in Canada for awhile more recently. Maybe that explains it? Nah, I'm sticking with vampire.

Anywho, I was able to scrounge up most of the songs from YouTube. Enjoy!

Randy and the Rainbows – Denise – 1963


Bob Dylan – Another Side of Bob Dylan – Denise – 1964

Uh Oh! Unfortunately I couldn't find a video of the Bob Dylan song so here is a Weird Al parody of Bob Dylan done entirely in palindromes. Good times.

Weird Al - Poodle Hat - Bob - 2003




Fountains of Wayne – Utopia Parkway – Denise – 1999




Ace Troubleshooter – Ace Troubleshooter – Denise – 2000




Ozma – Spending Time on the Borderline – Denise – 2004


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippeeee! Thanks Cara. Those are fantastic. I remember the Rainbow one from when I was a kid, my dad would sing it to me. I like the part about the eyes of blue. Ahhhhh

PS What is with the espanolÉ

Cara said...

No probs, Happy Birthday kiddo. You know I don't know what is with the spanish either it seems like it just sets to spanish when I sign out. Meh, what er ya gonna do.

 
Creative Commons License
What the ?! ..... Chickens! by CP is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.